Thursday, 6 May 2010

"A Real Professor . . . Damnation!"


I remember sending out an e-mail eight years ago with that same title, because I had finally received my doctorate. Well, I'm very happy to announce now that although Nathan hasn't quite finished his Ph.D. yet (although look for that post at the end of the summer!), he has received a full-time job as a professor! We are very, very excited and thankful! At this point it is a one-year contract, but Nathan will be working for Sioux Falls Seminary as an Assistant Professor, teaching three classes in the fall and three classes in the spring. These are three different classes each semester, so he'll have six preps (which, for you non-teachers out there, is a lot!). The first year or two of teaching can be pretty grueling, but I don't think anyone really minds because we're all so happy to be done with school and getting on with the wonderful job. So we are thanking God for this gift that allows us to stay in Sioux Falls and both be teaching full time.
(By the way, can anyone name the movie from which the title quote comes?)

4 comments:

Kathy Stegall said...

Who said it in "A River Runs Through It"? Surely it wasn't the dad!

How about "A real professor! Hallellujah!" ;-))

The Hitchcocks said...

No, definitely not the dad! It's Paul -- who else? But he says it in such an admiring way that I always liked that scene.

megarber said...

Very excited for Nathan's job--no leaving the prairies for now at least. Good work! Also love the picture and movies--a little icky on the ice cream cone sharing, but hey, if the mom doesn't care, why should I?<3

Carlene said...

Nathan!! Okay I really AM behind--I didn't know you had secured a job--what wonderful news! Congratulations!! Bless you in this new endeavor. The old saying comes to mind, "He doesn't call the equipped, but rather equips the called." Those under your teaching will be blessed in many way, I'm sure...