Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Winter Thrills

Today Z asked me when winter would start. I told him probably in about 3 months (if we're lucky). His response was great joy. My response to that: puzzlement. When I asked him why he wanted it to be winter he said, "Because then I can wear my new boots that Steven gave me!"

Apparently still thinking about winter when we got home from our walk, he asked to see his Spiderman coat. We both were thinking it would be too small this year, but when we put it on him, it still fit! Z was thrilled -- just one more reason to look forward to winter. I left him looking at himself in the mirror and went to get dinner. When I came back a few minutes later to call him to the table, he was still gazing lovingly at his reflection. I told him to come to supper and he said, "Just a minute, Mama. I'm trying to see if I look awesome."

2 comments:

Yaya said...

What? No picture of our awesome boy!

Children are wonderful.

Carrie said...

Ha! :) I love it!