Friday, 6 July 2012

Hitchcock Happenings

We had a very happy 4th of July.  Nathan went fishing, and Z and Eden and I went off in search of fireworks.  We all came home and spent the evening setting them off.




video





Last night we had our good friends Trudy and Kimlyn Bender spend the night with us.  It was their last night in Sioux Falls before they headed off to Texas.  Their entire house had been packed up, and with no beds, they came and spent the evening with us, which was wonderful.

This morning, after I very sadly said goodbye to Trudy, I got a phone call from Nathan.  He said, "I found a Boston on Craigslist.  It's all white with black ears.  Want to go get it?"  Somewhat stunned, I agreed to go take a look.  The puppy belonged to a couple in New Holland, SD.  It turned out that they belonged to the CRC and were obviously a wonderful couple (they'd been taking care of foster children for 34 years!).   So, 20 minutes after we arrived, we left with new puppy in tow!  The kids were both thrilled to come home to the surprise!


video






video

She's nine weeks old on Sunday and will probably be a bit bigger than Lu.  Her markings are atypical, but she's all Boston apart from that!  She doesn't have a name yet, but as always, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

MOM said...

Yea!!! I can't wait to see her. Looks like she's already as big as Lou. Love the pics & the videos! Nice it came to soften the blow of parting from Trudy & Kimlyn.

MOM said...

The pictures of Eden are soooo cute! I need to save those.