Saturday, 24 January 2015

Ninjas

Last summer at the Renaissance Fair Eden bought a little wooden shield and sword, which gave me the great idea that she should be Eowyn (from Lord of the Rings) for Halloween.  We could get a pretty, medieval looking dress, do her hair like Eowyn in the movie, and every time someone opened a door she could brandish her sword and shield and declare, "I am no man!"  Totally awesome, right?  But, Eden had other ideas.  She wanted to be a ninja, a pink ninja, to be exact.

I spent weeks trying to convince her to be Eowyn.  I told her the story of how Eowyn slew the King Ringwraith.  I showed her pictures online of her pretty dresses and pretty hair.  I told her she could use her shield and sword.  We practiced saying "I am no man!"  She seemed to enjoy it all, but every time I asked her if she wanted to be Eowyn for Halloween she said, "No, I think I want to be a pink ninja."

So, I gave up the idea of Eowyn (for this year) and bought her a pink ninja outfit.  Z was already planning to be a ninja, which I'm pretty sure was the major influence on Eden's choice.  But, when all was said and done, they did make a pretty good pair of ninjas.





2 comments:

Mom said...

Where are Eden's sound effects?

Children always have their own ideas!

Anne said...

Ha! Love it!

Someday that dedication to her own idea will be an asset. :)