Sunday, 13 September 2015

Feminism Fail

This evening at dinner we were discussing the merits of various superheroes.  Z asked me who my favorite superhero is, and we had the following conversation:

Me: My favorite superhero is Buffy.
Z:  Who's Buffy?
Me: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  She fights vampires.
Z:  What are her super powers?
Me:  She has super human strength and super human healing powers.
Z:  What are her weaknesses?
Me: Hmmm . . . I think the fact that she's in love with a vampire is her weakness.
Z: Yeah, that's a good weakness.  But her super powers aren't very good.  I bet Max Steele could beat her.  I bet the Hulk could beat her.
Me: No they couldn't.
Z:  Yes they could.  They have the same powers she has plus more.
Me:  She has other powers, too.  She's smart and funny and loyal and brave and kind and she takes her responsibilities seriously and -- 
Eden (interrupting calmly): And she's skinny.

What the what??

2 comments:

MOM said...

Oh my goodness!

Nice to start the day with a smile.

Cindy said...

I love it! Like Buffy, Eden is an original! And
I bet she grows up to have tremendous super powers!