Thursday, 24 November 2016

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving day.  We all slept in till about 8:30, and then after breakfast Eden announced that it was present time!  A few days ago she asked me why we didn't give presents at Thanksgiving, and I said it just wasn't part of the tradition.  Well, Eden cast tradition to the wayside and made presents for everyone anyway!  She had us all sit on the couch and then she brought up the presents and the cards.  She had a card for each of us, which she'd written on her own, which said, "I love Mama, Love Eden" or "I love Daddy, Love Eden" or "I love Z, Love Eden" with a picture drawn on it.  Then a present for everyone!  She gave Z one of her pokemon cards that he wanted, she gave Nathan a little bean bag, and she gave me a little snow globe with an elephant in it which she bought yesterday with her own money!  I was so surprised.  Then Z jumped up, ran off, and was back in a second, handing me another snow globe, this one with an owl in it!  They had been out with Nathan the other day and each spent their own money to buy me a present!  They are the sweetest kids ever.  Eden was just glowing with pleasure at the present giving, even though no one had given her a present at all.

Eden and Z with the snow globes they gave me.
After that the kids worked on decorating a gingerbread house they had bought at the store, and did a very nice job with it.












We then went to the USF gym, which was totally deserted, and exercised and scooted and played basketball in preparation for the piles of food we planned to eat later.  After the gym we came home, took showers, made food, and headed off to Amah's to eat.  The food was fantastic and the company was delightful!  It was a very happy day.

Apple pie and shortbread.
Nathan carves the turkey.




No comments: