Me: So school starts tomorrow for me, and then in a few weeks we'll have a little vacation to Omaha.
Eden: Will we get to go to the zoo?
Me: Probably, if we want to. And then in March we'll have spring break and your birthday, and the first day of April is Easter!
Eden: And there's the gun show.
Me: (with a little chuckle) Oh, yeah, right, the gun show.
Eden: It's on March 10 and 11.
Me: Wait . . . what? There's really a gun show?
Eden: Yes. It's on March 10 and 11. And I'm going.
Me: You're going to a gun show? What? When? Where?
Eden: (patiently) I told you, it's March 10 and 11.
Me: (stupidly, trying to figure out what is going on) How are you going to a gun show? Is this a field trip?
Eden: No. Daddy's taking me.
Me: Daddy's taking you to a gun show? When?
Eden: (a little frustrated): On March 10 and 11.
Me: How do you know about a gun show?
Eden: I saw a sign for it. Daddy's taking me and I'm going to get a pocket knife.
Me: Oh. . . . ok. Well, ok. On March 10 or 11 you're going to the gun show. I think you should make it March 10, that date works better for us.
Eden: Ok.


1 comment:
What? A gun show?
Post a Comment