Saturday, 11 October 2014

Sleepy Talk

I just went downstairs to check on the kids.  They've been in bed for about an hour.  Eden, sound asleep, was wrapped up in a fleece blanket and getting sweaty.  So I unwound the blanket and covered her with a lighter blanket.  Just as I was kissing her, she started to talk, but I don't think she was really quite awake.

"Mama, I like your . . . I like your . . . I like your . . . "

She rubbed her face and tried again:  "Mama, I like your . . . I like your . . . "

She paused to gaze into my waiting face.  One more try:  "Mama, I like your . . ."

Pregnant pause, and then,  "I like your . . . I like your brain."

And all quiet.  Sleepy girl.

1 comment:

MOM said...

I like your brain, too.

I hate to be so cliched, but precious moment - indeed. I'm so glad you are recording all these moments.