Monday, 7 November 2016

This and That

I had my first Spanish conversation with Z yesterday.  He was playing a video game  in which you flew a vehicle through streets and towns and tried not to crash.  We started talking about the "cerdito" (a vehicle shaped like a pig) he wanted to buy.  It was a very funny conversation, all in Spanish, about how much it would cost, could he buy it with coins or dollars, and how do you earn coins.  I felt gratified.

*********************

This morning Eden showed me her "tool box".  It holds all her crafting tools.  That girl is quite the crafter these days -- she will craft by the hour.  She's super creative.  I don't know where she got those genes.


**********************

Z is on a YMCA basketball team this year and is having a great time.  He had his first game last week.  They lost 10-13, but it was a nail-biter!  Z played about the half the game and did a good job -- he even stole the ball once!  (He's number 44)




*********************

On the way home from school today Eden said to me, "Here's a list of the things that terrify me: tarantulas, scorpions, war, death. . . . And falling off of high cliffs."  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

********************

Nathan and I started watching The Crown on Netflix a couple of days ago.  So far, I like it.

1 comment:

MOM said...

I'm sure Eden got all her creative artsy juices from Ama. Thanks, Ama!

So glad Z is speaking Spanish with you. Quite a compliment!

So thankful that little apple didn't fall far from the tree. :)

I'm watching The Crown, too. Yes, we know being royal has its down sides, but then, why are we so fascinated?